Welcome to Summerside.ca โ€“ Official Site of the Municipal Government
A Traffic Accident

Steps to Take After a Collision

The Highway Traffic Act of Prince Edward Island requires that all collisions involving injury or death or where the damage apparently exceeds $2,000 (combined) needs to be reported to police.

The collision must also be reported where there is damage to highway property or when the collision involves a hit and run situation.

Should someone require immediate assistance, dial 911.

If nobody is seriously injured, you can call the Summerside Police Station at 902.432.1201.

In cases where the collision involves two vehicles, make sure to exchange information with the other driver(s). Collect information such as:

  • insurance information
  • names, home/business phone numbers
  • vehicle information
  • any witness names and contact information

For more information, please contact:

Cpl. Jason Blacquiere
Summerside Police Service, 270 Foundry Street, Summerside, PE C1N 1G1

Related External Links

Highway Traffic Act of PEI

City of Summerside | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2020 Intrado Corporation.